Job Title: Business & Quality Assurance Analyst
Company Name: Our Community
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Job & Person Spec
If you can get to the crux of a problem, check that it has been solved – and cope with a bit of mayhem – then this job is for you.
Your work will be focused on SmartyGrants, Australia’s most-used online grants management system. We have a lot of ideas and customer requests on our product roadmap and need your analysis skills to meet the demand. You will help bring new features to life — working in a small but professional team, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the product.
What we need you to do
- Work with the Product Manager to define requirements
- Work with developers to write user stories and agree acceptance criteria
- Develop high level test cases
- Execute test cases (testing is a shared effort) and help with test tracking
- Identify ways to improve development processes
- Help maintain the Wiki
What we can offer
- This is a full-time contract position, but we are genuinely committed to people having a life, be it with their family or in their local community. We are very open to flexible work arrangements.
- Small development team of 6 people with plenty of autonomy, which forms part of the overall SmartyGrants team of 13 people and the larger-still Our Community Group team
- Professional support tools such as automated builds, automated testing, test environments, issue management system.
- 27″ iMac office computer, your choice of Windows or OS X development environment.
- Friendly, informal office in West Melbourne on the fringe of the CBD— with Betsy, our greyhound office dog.
Skills & Requirements
We value communication and honesty. Beyond the specific skills below we expect you to be an active participant in sprint meetings and stand-up meetings, and generally to keep us informed of your progress in your tasks. We value people who identify better ways to do things and help us improve our processes and results.
Above all we want you to be a part of a unique environment where everyone contributes and worries less about official job descriptions and more about working together to get things done. We share our work and we help each other when needed. That even includes sharing the cleaning of the office and the occasional envelope stuffing session.
- Experience translating customer needs into requirements, user stories, business rules and acceptance criteria is essential
- Strong analytical and communication skills are essential
- Experience drafting test cases and coordinating test plans is desirable
- Experience working in agile development (Scrum) teams is desirable
- Knowledge of grantmaking processes and other aspects of the community sector is desirable
- Knowledge of web development technologies, including Java, desirable but not essential
About Our Community
Our Community is a well-established, world-leading, award-winning social enterprise that provides advice and tools for Australia’s 600,000 community groups and schools, and practical linkages between the community sector and the general public, business and government. We recently became an Accredited B Corp, a designation that recognises companies that meet higher standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability.
With SmartyGrants, we are attempting to revolutionise the way grants are made in Australia. We work with a wide range of grantmakers, from small philanthropic foundations to large corporations; from local government to international aid organisations. Other parts of the Our Community Group, whom we work alongside, work closely with community groups and other grantseekers.
SmartyGrants is a growing product and there’s a lot of opportunity to work with a broad range of technologies, people and ideas.
We have an ambitious agenda; we’re not constrained by bureaucracy or boundaries; we’re not interested in internal politics or egos, just in contributing something useful to society. We don’t have layers of management, and we don’t want someone to be a cog in the wheel of a corporate system. We want you to have plenty of opportunity to make SmartyGrants your own, and for you to be as excited about its potential as we are.
Complete the application form at: